Cheesecake is a great low carb dessert given you really do not have to change the recipe too much and the result is very close to the original and is very satisfying and delicious.
|Low carb cheesecake recipe|| |
- 1 almond low carb crust (see below)
- 16 oz. of cream cheese (2 – 8 oz. packages)
- 1 cup of artificial sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Beat cream cheese until it seems fluffy
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until creamy
- Place empty into almond crust into a pan slightly larger than crust pan. Fill with water to halfway up the cake pan. Fill with mixture until full and carefully push rack (and cheesecake) into the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes keeping a careful eye on the edges if you start to see some browning your cheesecake is ready to be pulled out.
- Place cheesecake on a cooling rack for 1-2 hours. Though if you are in a hurry you can speed up the cooling by placing your cheesecake in the refrigerator after 10-15 minutes though you significantly increase the chance of causing an ugly split down the middle of your nice cheesecake.
- Finish with 1 cup of whipped heavy whipping cream sweetened with 1 tablespoon of Splenda.
- After cooling for 1-2 hours cool overnight (if you can wait that long) top with some unsweetened berries or a little whipping cream.
Serving size: 1/16 of cheesecake Calories: 186 Fat: 18 Saturated Fat: 9 Carbs: 4 Sugar: 1 Fiber: 1 Protein: 5
Almond Low Carb Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Splenda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Splenda and half of the almond flour with butter.
- Spread on bottom of cake pan (or fancy spring loaded cheesecake pan if you own one)
- Dust the rest of the almond flour over mixture in pan and use a flat object (I went with a measuring cup) to compact crust to make a single even layer.
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until you can smell a nice nutty flavor in your kitchen.