Bulgogi is a popular Korean dish that can be easily adapted to have a significant reduction in carbohydrates without skimping on the taste. Though typically served with Kimchee and rice, how I enjoyed it with a couple leaves of leafy greens (romaine lettuce) is also traditional. This is a great recipe to make ahead of time or freeze from a quick meal when you need to prepare a quick meal
|Low Carb Bulgogi beef recipe|| |
- 1 lb sirloin steak cut ⅛-1/4 inch thin
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons equivalent artificial sweetener
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt (if used low sodium soy sauce or beef broth)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (fresh grated preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like a little more heat)
- Place meat in freezer for 30-40 minutes to allow it to firm up some to allow slicing to be a bit easier. Cut into ¼ inch slices, cutting across the grain.
- Add all ingredients (except meat) to a bowl and whisk until well combined and place into a gallon freezer bag with meat and marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Add meat and marinade to warm skillet at medium-high heat and cook until browned. Do not overcook or you will have some tougher meat.