Though classic hard boiled eggs are more nutrient dense, I find deviled eggs seem to disappear much quicker after making and still are a healthy choice for a between meal snack or meal replacement if in a rush.
|Paleo deviled egg recipe|| |
Recipe type: Snack
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper (more to taste)
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup mayo (paleo prefered)
- Add eggs to pot of cool water
- Set heat to medium-high and set timer for 12 minutes
- Carefully pour out boiling water and fill with cool water and add several ice cubes to stop the eggs from cooling
- After 4-5 minutes of cooling remove shells from eggs and slice in half moving yolks into a bowl and combine ingredients
- Mix with fork until smooth, if filling does not seem smooth enough add a little more mayo.
- Spoon filling into a sandwich bag, seal and cut corner of bag and pipe the mixture into empty eggs.
- You can add the traditional paprika sprinkled on top, but I think they are great without.
Serving size: 2 egg halves Calories: 80 Fat: 4 Carbs: 0 Protein: 6