Here in the Northwest we have pretty mild winters so I am growing some Bok Choy which was ready for harvest today. Knowing everything goes better with bacon added some with a little bit of seasoning which turned out great. Turned out to be only 147 calories and 4 net carbs, but also provides 149% RDA of vitamin A and 75% RDA vitamin C.
|Bok Choy with Bacon|| |
- 3 slices of bacon
- 6 ounces of Bak Choy (one plant)
- ¼ chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayanne pepper
- pinch of kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- Cut bacon into ¼ inch wide strips (I used scissors) and place into a skillet
- Cook bacon to desired doneness and remove bacon (leave the fat)
- Add onions/garlic/cayanne pepper to pan and stir until onions get soft.
- Chop Bak Choy stems to ½ thickness and chop leafs about 1 inch thickness (if using baby bak choy just through them in whole)
- Throw chopped bak choy in the pan along with a pinch of salt and cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Either mix in the reserved bacon or just pull them on top and enjoy.