I like chicken breasts but alone they do not provide enough fat content to keep me satisfied so I came up with this recipe. This is a chicken breast stuffed with seasoned spinach, pepper jack cheese, and bacon and carefully wrapped with more bacon. This is easy recipe you can make ahead of time and cook when needed.
|Spinach stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon|| |
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces of spinach
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces pepper jack cheese (1 inch cubes)
- 13 strips bacon
- Lay chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat and entire breast is of similar thickness.
- Cook 5 strips of bacon, drain fat (save for cooking eggs later), and remove from heat.
- Add garlic, salt, and spinach to pan and cook slightly with residual heat.
- Add ¼ cup of stuffing to each chicken breast and wrap with 2 slices of bacon for each.
- Cook on a grill at medium-high heat for 10 minutes on each side or in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.