I haven’t missed bread/pasta/potatoes too much after giving up most of my regular carbohydrates, but pizza was definitely one I missed. After a little bit of trial and error I came up with this method of making pizza which I think I actually prefer more and has been kid approved in our kitchen.
|Low carb pizza recipe|| |
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour ⅓ cup of mixture into cast iron skillet (or electric griddle) set to medium-low heat and cook like a pancake until slightly crispy and half of crust does not bend when lifted with spatula.
- Let cool too room temperature and refrigerate if you will not use for 30 minutes, freezing you will not use within a week.
Low Carb Pizza Sauce recipe
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon of olive oils
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and heat at low heat until the sauce renders to the consistency of pizza sauce
Nutritional Info: 26 calories, 2g fat, 1 net carb, 1g protein
Putting it all together
Place pizza on cooling/baking rack supported on a cookie sheet and spread 1 tablespoon of low carb pizza sauce on your pizza. Add your toppings and favorite cheese…lacking any Italian cheese blend at home I sliced up about one mozzarella string cheese stick per slice of pizza.
Place pizza in oven preheated and set to broil and cook until cheese begins to melt and crust begins to darken. For my oven this occurred in about 1-2 minutes.
Cut into quarters and enjoy your guilt free delicious meal. For each sausage and cheese pizza above comes out to 288 calories, 21g fat, 6 net carbs, 16g protein. Provided that a typical slice of pizza comes in about the same number of calories but 22 grams of carbs this great and tasty alternative.