I was feeling like some pizza but wanted to avoid the crust so decided what would be better than a meat pizza. Basically the same idea as a traditional pizza though use a nice layer of bacon instead of pizza crust. Now this is healthier than a traditional pizza with just 5 net carbs for the entire pizza, but at over 1000 calories and over 2000mg sodium not exactly a meal you should be having every week. Though it was delicious and definitely kept my full for the night.
|Low carb meatza pizza|| |
- 8 strips of bacon
- 6 ounces grass fed hamburger meat
- ¼ cup pizza sauce (tomato sauce w/ ¼ teaspoon oregano and salt)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Place bacon layered on pie pan and cook at 425F for 12 minutes, draining fat that is rendered.
- Add browned hamburger on top of bacon
- Top with pizza sauce and cheeses and return to oven.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes more until cheese is melted and bacon is at desired crispiness and enjoy.