This recipe is simple to make and has just a few ingredients but tastes delicious and is very satisfying with not a lot of calories.
|Pan fried cabbage recipe|| |
- 2 strips of bacon
- ½ head of cabbage (shredded)
- 1 medium onion (sliced thinly)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon at medium-low heat in skillet to render out some fat for cooking. Reserve bacon for later use.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until well browned (near carmelization here)
- Add shredded cabbage to skillet and keep cooking until cabbage begins to get soft (5-6 minutes)
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with bacon (cut into strips) and enjoy with a protein of your choice.
Today being St Patrick’s Day and not being a fan of corned beef, I ate this complemented with some non-corned beef (aka hamburger) and was delicious.