Needing some extra calories to go sledding with the kids decided I needed some potatoes. In the past I would have probably just done a classic hash but decided to do a little potato pancake hash hybrid which turned out well. By simply adding an egg to the mix it worked as a great binder as well as an nice extra boost in fat and protein.
|Paleo roast beef potato pancake hash recipe|| |
- ½ cup shredded potatoes
- 3 oz cooked roast beef
- 1 large egg
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- any other vegetables you have leftover in your fridge (onions, brocoli, spinach, etc)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix with fork until all are combined.
- Drop in cast iron skillet at medium heat with about a teaspoon of your favrite oil (coconut/bacon greese)
- Flatten with spatula to about ½ inch thickness
- Cook until both sides are browned (4-5 minutes each side)