Not sure if our ancestors ever ate a beef taco like this but I could imagine they easily could have. There is the obvious swap of the flour tortilla with a nice fresh organic lettuce leaf, which you could swap out for some red cabbage for a little more stability. The meat flavoring compliments the meat but without overpowering so you really can taste the meat. I suggest if you want some heat pick a spicier salsa to give an excellent contrast. To cool things off top with some paleo guacamole or some cheese and/or sour cream if you do dairy.
|Paleo beef taco recipe|| |
- 1 pound grass fed beef
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 roma tomatos (peeled, seeded, and chopped)
- 2 cups water
- Brown meat and medium high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a simmer for at least 2 hours. Note: Also can include browned meat and ingredients into crockpot and cook on low all day.
- Add a healthy spoonful on a piece of lettuce and top with your favorite ingredients (guacamole, salsa, cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, etc_)