I have always avoided brussel sprouts, I have had them normally prepared boiled until mushy. Wanted to add some new variety to my meals I decided to give brussel sprouts one more chance and decided that bacon makes everything better and this could even be true for those evil brussel sprouts. They turned out great and with enough bacon could be an excellent side or exist as the main part of the meal.
|Paleo bacony Brussel sprouts recipe|| |
- 3-4 slices of bacon (chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 pound brussel sprouts (ends and out leaves removed...chop all in half)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy and set aside.
- Reduce to medium heat and in remaining bacon fat, saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes
- Add brussel sprouts to pan and cook for 3 minutes flipping as sides are browned
- Add salt/pepper and chicken broth and cover for 10 minutes.
- Top with reserved bacon and mix to combine and enjoy