Give it to our good ole government to come up with ways to make us healthy with their new updated recommendations:
Foods to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
Foods to Reduce
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals ― and choose the foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
Though this is a bit of an improvement over the old food pyramid, it still encourages way too many grains which provide very little nutritional value but does include some helpful side effects:
- Raise in estrogen levels to develop a nice set of man boobs
- Weight gain (specifically in the belly area)
- Leaky gut
- Acid reflux
- Spikes in insulin levels with the bonus of being hungry a couple hours after eating
- plus many more
Thanks for the advice USDA but I will save the grains for my food to eat instead and skip the fun side effects mentioned above.