With pumpkins starting to show up at the grocery store figured I should come up with a tasty and not so guilty dessert snack to make use of the fresh pumpkin puree I should have in my possession shortly. At 171 calories and 3 net carbs these taste great and are not half bad for you as well.
|Low carb pumpkin muffin recipe|| |
- ¾ cup almond flour (almond meal for heartier muffin)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup Splenda
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix to combine
- Add wet ingredients into blender and pulse a few times to incorporate. This is mainly to get the peanut butter in a pourable state.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated
- Use 1 ounce portioner (AKA spring loaded ice cream scoop) into paper cups (or well oiled pan if you are out of cups like I always am) If you are feeling daring you can drop a couple of chocolate chips on top to entice the kids to try these
- Bake for 40-50 minutes minutes and eat hot or let cool for about an hour.