When you are dieting celebrations come up and it can be better to cut your losses and make something that may not exactly be nutrient rich but also not cause damage to your weight loss journey. This is a good recipe when eaten in moderation is pretty low calorie and low in sugar and carbohydrates. I made this one for my birthday as a delicious nearly guilt-free indulgence.
|Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe|| |
- 1 almond low carb crust
- 16 oz. of crème cheese (2 – 8 oz. packages)
- ⅔ cup Splenda
- 1.5 cup of pumpkin puree (or one can of store bought pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- Beat cream cheese until it appears fluffy
- Add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger and and beat until well combined
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until creamy
- Place empty into almond crust into a pan slightly larger than crust pan. Fill with water to halfway up the cake pan. Fill with mixture until full and carefully push rack (and cheesecake) into the oven. You can attempt this pour and move away from the oven but unless your day job is working on a bomb squad most likely this will lead to some filling on the floor and yourself.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes keeping a careful eye on the edges if you start to see some browning your cheesecake is ready to be pulled out.
- Place cheesecake on a cooling rack for 1-2 hours. Though if you are in a hurry you can speed up the cooling by placing your cheesecake in the refrigerator after 10-15 minutes though you significantly increase the chance of causing a ugly split down the middle of your nice cheesecake.
- Finish with 1 cup of whipped heavy whipping cream sweetened with 1 tablespoon of Splenda.
- After cooling for 1-2 hours cool overnight(if you can wait that long)
Almond Low Carb Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Splenda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Splenda and half of the almond flour with butter.
- Spread on bottom of cake pan (or fancy spring loaded cheesecake pan if you own one)
- Dust the rest of the almond flour over mixture in pan and use a flat object (I went with a measuring cup) to compact crust to make a single even layer.
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until you can smell a nice nutty flavor in your kitchen.