Though I have enjoyed my poor man’s beef and broccoli I had some memories of my roommates Bulgogi that he would come back with after visiting his parents and decided to alter this recipe with a little Korean flair and keep the carb count low. This is what I came up with and will be definitely be adding this to the normal rotation.
|Low Carb Korean Style Beef and Broccoli (Bulgogi)|| |
- 1 lb hamburger
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt (if used low sodium soy sauce or beef broth)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like a little more heat)
- 2 cups broccoli
- Brown hamburger in cast iron pan at medium-high heat. While browning combine remaining ingredients (except broccoli) to a bowl and mix to combine
- Add bowl of mixed ingredients and broccoli to pan and cook until broccoli just starts to get soft.