I went a little crazy on picking blueberries after freezing over a gallon of the delicious berries, making blackberry ice cream, I still had a few cups laying around and decided to make some low carb blackberry cobbler.
|Low carb blueberry cobbler recipe|| |
- 3 cups of fresh (or thawed previously frozen) blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup of salted butter (softened)
- ¼ cup of Splenda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pour blackberries into 9X9 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. You can optionally sweeten these berries with ¼ cup of additional Splenda.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth and spoon over blackberries. You do not have to be too careful here the topping will spread out as it begins to warm in the oven.
- Bake at 375F until the crust is golden brown about 30-35 minutes. Eat warm or cold with a whipping cream or a small scoop of blackberry ice cream.
Calories: 164 Fat: 15 Carbs: 5 Sugar: 3 Protein: 4