Had an abundance of turkey from Thanksgiving and plenty of veggies in my winter garden so figured a nice healthy omelet for dinner might help out the recovery from the nutrient lacking foods I ate the day before.
I started by collecting about cup of red curly leafed kale and a leaf of Bok Choy and a green onion from the garden. Washed and dried to the best of my ability. Trimmed off the stem of the kale and chopped all into small ribbon size pieces. I also had some chopped spinach lying around so added that as well. Added veggies to skillet at medium high heat with about a teaspoon of olive oil and allowed to cook for 5-6 minutes.
Added cooked veggies to a bowl with 3 eggs beaten and mixed quickly to combine.
Cut a half cup of chicken along with a slice of bacon and and cooked until browned. Added another teaspoon of olive oil, dropped the heat to low and added egg/veggie mixture. Topped with once slice (0.75 ounce) of pepper jack cheese and covered until completely cooked.
|Kale, Spinach, Bok Choy, and Turkey Omelet|| |
- 1 cup Kale (chopped)
- ¼ cup of Bok Choy (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Spinach (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- slice of bacon
- ½ cup of turkey
- Chop kale, bok choy, and spinach into small pieces and cook under medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Remove veggies and mix with 3 beaten eggs. Add pinch of salt and pepper and if you want some heat add some cayanne, jalapeno peppers, or tabasco.
- Add turkey and bacon chopped into small pieces into pan and cook until both are browned.
- Reduce heat to low and add egg/veggie mixture to skillet.
- Add pepper jack cheese and cover and cook until cooked all the way through 5-10 minutes.
- Folder over and eat as a large meal or share with a friend.